Thursday 11 October 2012

Opinion: YoYoSkeel Stalker 2




So back when YoYoSkeel has Singapore members, there were prototype yoyos of the Stalker 2 and other yoyo, I didn't actually try them out, but I heard nasty stuff. And since I'm here, given a Stalker 2, I tried it, and I have to give my opinion on it, and it ain't that bad like the kids say it is. Look at the photos first.










Before I go on, here's more comparison shot with the original Stalker.







Quite a few changes in my opinion, have been made, the yoyo now sport a narrower width, a flat hub, and a heavier and thicker rim, the shape's slightly modified, which I think are all good changes.
But the step thingy on the catch zone/wall area which you can see in the enlarged picture above, remains.

The YoYoSkeel Stalker should come installed with a China Produced 10-ball Concave bearing, and YoYoSkeel's own silicone pad. The bearing can be easily removed with bearing removal tool. The bind's pretty tight too.

specs: 57mm diameter, 43mm width, 69g.

So after what I've heard from some kids, I'm quite curious how the Stalker plays, in fact I even talk to Shakeel about it, and I remember him replying, try it yourself and you'll know. He sent me the Stalker 2, the Satisfaction and the Sense, but the Sense have some bearing and bearing seat issue so I'm not giving my opinion on that until he replaces one. 
So on the first throw, I was actually expecting some bad feeling, but I'm impressed by the improvement. The yoyo is very stable, there isn't vibe on a string hold, neither is there any signs of vibe on finger test, it has a smooth spin, it does seems to have a very nice weight distribution, at 69g, it doesn't really feels heavy. However, I have to point this out, I haven't have any issue on the bearing yet, but I have feedbacks that the bearing may not have a long lifespan, looking at the stock Sense that has a bearing issue, this could be true, so I suggest buyer switch to a better bearing of your choice if you want this. But comes stock, this bearing didn't give me any problems just yet, and it provide a long spins, with help from the rim I'd say. 
So I proceed to do some regular combos, no problem, smooth on the string, haven't snag on me yet, really long spins and really stable, grinds are alright, horizontals are possible and proven.
YoyoAcq reps WeiXuan and Yaokun agreed that the Stalker has really improved, but the downside is the step thingy on the wall/catch zone area I must say, I've played with other yoyos with that step thing and I don't have any problem with that, but for some reason, this thing on the Stalker sometimes hits the string, it does not slow down the speed or spins, neither does it affect the play, but it has a slight hitting sound, WeiXuan was kind of annoyed by that I think. I'm rather okay with that. Other than that, the Stalker 2 if compared to the Stalker, has really improved, as a yoyo itself, is also a pretty nice yoyo, it's stability is good and have long spins, the this time round it's pretty comfortable to hold compared to the original Stalker.

If anyone have a different opinion, please do share it, for the benefit of those who may be getting the Stalker 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment